The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) unites women from different cultures and strives to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
We currently have about 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste. You can learn more about the Club under About Us. To find out about our activity groups, take a look at the Activities section.
Long-time residents and new Berliners alike are welcome to become members: How to Join will guide you through the process. Our monthly morning and evening Meet & Greet meetings are your first point of contact.
Activity Highlights in December
Our club provides many opportunities to enjoy the festive season together this December!
- Good food and holiday cheer at the BIWC Christmas dinner
- A festive celebration of St. Nicholas’ day —food, drinks, and traditional seasonal songs from many countries
- An Indonesian fashion show/performance and a culinary trip to Indonesia at the ambassador’s residence
- A visit to the Berliner Dom for “A Procession of Advent Lessons and Carols,” a traditional service of carols sung by the Berlin English Choir with congregational singing and readings in German and English
- Lunch near Schloss Charlottenburg –an opportunity to catch up with friends and visit the Christmas market at the Schloss afterward
- A discussion of Amanda Foreman’s biography of Georgiana, the Duchess of Devonshire–the life of a society leader, political innovator, and compulsive gambler in the eighteenth century
Members should check the December Newsletter for details of these and the Club’s other regular activities: conversation groups in four languages, sports, Mah Jong … enjoy the activities your Club offers.
A holiday extra in the Newsletter this month: a guide to the Berlin Christmas markets!