The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) unites women from different cultures and strives to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
We currently have about 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste. You can learn more about the Club under About Us. To find out about our activity groups, take a look at the Activities section.
Long-time residents and new Berliners alike are welcome to become members: How to Join will guide you through the process. Our monthly morning and evening Meet & Greet meetings are your first point of contact.
Activity Highlights in May:
From biking in Brandenburg to tulips in Britz, from cleaning up clutter to improving your French, or just enjoying a meal with friends–there’s something for everyone in May! Special events include:
- “Flight, Exile, Persecution” — a historically political walk along Hardenbergstraße and its surroundings
- A visit to Tulipan, the tulip festival at Britzer Garten
- Clutter and Organisation discussion — sources and possible solutions to clutter problems
- A book-group discussion of Exit West, by Mohsin Hamid
- A bicycle tour from Spandau to Ribbeck
And lovely things to eat:
- Restaurant am Steinplatz — fresh regional ingredients in a re-interpretation of traditional German cuisine
- Street Food at Markthalle Neun — a varying and vibrant mix of dishes like British pies, Thai dumplings, Brazilian tapioca, Mexican tacos, Bavarian Kasspatzen, Peruvian ceviche, Nigerian fufu, American barbeque, and Korean buns
- The Avocado by Petit Bijou — imaginative avocado (and other!) dishes near Monbijoupark, with a view of the Spree and the Bode Museum
Members should check the May Newsletter for details of these and the Club’s other regular activities: conversation groups in four languages, sports, sewing, Mah Jong … enjoy the activities your Club offers!