The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) unites women from different cultures and strives to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
We currently have about 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste. You can learn more about the Club under About Us. To find out about our activity groups, take a look at the Activities section.
Long-time residents and new Berliners alike are welcome to become members: How to Join will guide you through the process. Our monthly morning and evening Meet & Greet meetings are your first point of contact.
Activity Highlights in August:
- The annual summer party: this year it’s a Grill and Burger Buffet at a lovely venue along the Havel.
- A highlight of the year: Penny’s annual tea party, in her beautiful garden, with her own delectable home-made sandwiches and cakes.
- A visit to the Belvedere Pfingstberg in Potsdam, with fabulous views over Potsdam and Berlin.
- A discussion of the life of Mary Wollstonecraft, an adventurous eighteenth-century feminist with first-hand experience of the French Revolution.
- An evening of Cretan cuisine, along with Greek country and contemporary Mediterranean dishes, in a summer garden with a fountain.
- A discussion of Unorthodox, a memoir by Deborah Feldman, who grew up in deeply confining religious community and was married at seventeen to a man she had only met once.
- A visit to the Beelitzer-Heilstätten, with a treetop walkway through the beautiful grounds and past the picturesque ruins of this 19th-century sanatorium..
- A discussion of the novel Sing, Unburied, Sing, by Jesmyn Ward, which one reviewer has called “a poetic critique of US history.”
Members should check the summer (July-August) Newsletter for details of these and the Club’s other regular activities: conversation groups in four languages, sports, Mah Jong … enjoy the activities your Club offers!