The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) was founded in 1992 after the fall of the Berlin Wall when the international community in Berlin was growing. The club’s language is English. Come and share our world. Take the opportunity to develop international friendships in the interesting, diverse community of Berlin. Long-time residents or new Berliners are welcome to become a member. Our two monthly Meet & Greet meetings are your first point of contact.
- We unite women from different cultures who speak many different languages.
- We are proud that we have 274 members from 50 different nations.
- We strive to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
- We currently have a variety of 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste.
Some of the highlights in January for BIWC members:
- Art & Architecture will visit the exhibition Palace.City.Berlin@ Ephraim Palais
- Exploring Berlin is offering a guided tour of the Prussian Spirits Manufacture in Wedding
- the South West Neighbourhood Group invites you to Patricia’s home where member Barbara will give a talk on amber
No cutting down for BIWC members at the start of 2017 as there are several dining out events this month:
- We’ll be toasting in the New Year at the January social event with Sekt and hors d’oeuvres
- Business Lunch will try out the Rienäcker Restaurant at the Golden Tulip Berlin Hotel Hamburg
- the Evening Group is meeting at the café Zimt & Zucker
- Elegant Soirées will be dining @ Casalot. This Arabian Night includes belly dancing!
- Kool Kiez will be catching up after the holidays @ Ribs & More
- the North East Neighbourhood Group will hold its annual coffee get-together
In January/February, the three book groups will be reading:
- The Six by Laura Thompson
- The Man in the Wooden Hat by Jane Gardam
- The House by the Lake by Thomas Harding
For further details please check your December/January Newsletter.