The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) was founded in 1992 after the fall of the Berlin Wall when the international community in Berlin was growing. The club’s language is English.
- We unite women from different cultures who speak many different languages.
- We are proud to have 261 members from 51 different nations.
- We strive to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
- We currently have a variety of 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste.
Come and share our world. Take the opportunity to develop international friendships in the interesting, diverse community of Berlin.
BIWC Summer Activities
Our Social Event, Special Interest and International Coordinators have been busy organising exciting and attractive activities for members spending summer in Berlin but a short trip to Scotland is also on offer!
- Sew Creative will be busy sewing sun cushions for the Björn Schulz summer party on August 28
- Penny’s annual tea party. Proceeds will be donated to the Hestia Frauenhaus
- Members will be travelling to Edinburgh for the 3rd International Get2Gether of women from nine different countries
- Art & Architecture will be visiting the exhibition Berlin – City of Women
- Business Lunch is offering to two top Berlin lunch venues, Kool Kiez Italian and Cretan cuisine
- The Evening Group is going to the theatre, Exploring Berlin will visit the Humboldt Castle in Tegel, Gardens & Nature join forces with the South-West Neighbourhood Group @ Fraenkel Villa Garden & Café in Kladow and the Biking Group will be making day trips to Schwielowsee and Griebnitzsee
- Art & Architecture & the North-East Neighbourhood Group are going to the Citadel in Spandau
- The book, language and sports’ groups will continue to meet
- BIWC will be hosting a visit of members from the Association of International Women in Malta