The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) was founded in 1992 after the fall of the Berlin Wall when the international community in Berlin was growing. The club’s language is English. Come and share our world. Take the opportunity to develop international friendships in the interesting, diverse community of Berlin. Long-time residents or new Berliners are welcome to become a member. Our two monthly Meet & Greet meetings are your first point of contact.
- We unite women from different cultures who speak many different languages.
- We are proud that we have 274 members from 50 different nations.
- We strive to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
- We currently have a variety of 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste.
Event highlights for members in February:
- Visits to the Olbricht Foundation in the ME Collectors Room, the Käthe-Kollwitz Museum and Rausch Schokoladenhaus
- Cook In & Dine Out celebrates pancake day @ Diana’s, Camilla invites you to a coffee morning at her house to celebrate Valentine’s Day, and Kool Kiez invites you to sample the Quick Lunch @ the restaurant Tauro in Prenzlauer Berg
- Member Brigitte will talk about her experiences in Alaska and there will be a Tabla demonstration and performance by a Tabla Ensemble at Krishna’s house
- Sew Creative are busy making items for the Children’s Hospice Day
- As ever, the sports’, book and language groups will meet regularly in the month