The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) was founded in 1992 after the fall of the Berlin Wall when the international community in Berlin was growing. The club’s language is English.
- We unite women from different cultures who speak many different languages.
- We are proud to have 261 members from 51 different nations.
- We strive to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
- We currently have a variety of 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste.
Come and share our world. Take the opportunity to develop international friendships in the interesting, diverse community of Berlin.
In October, there’s a lot in store for our members:
- There will be visits to the exhibition El Silo de Oro @ Gemäldegalerie, the cultural diversity exhibition in Westfälisches Viertel, the Bauhaus Museum Dessau and Alba Recycling
- Live theatre from London @ Cinestar Sony Centre
- A special walk through the woods @ Wannsee and along some of the smaller neighbouring lakes
- Kool Kiez will be dining @ Zhou’s Five Restaurant in Moabit and BIWC volunteers have been invited to an appreciation lunch @ Sky Tower Restaurant
- Books under discussion are Clara Schumann, The Artist and the Woman by Nancy B. Reich and In the Light of What We Know by Zia Haider Rahman
- The English, French & German Speakers will each be meeting up twice in the month and there’ll be one Spanish Session
Members should check the October Newsletter for all the dates.