The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) unites women from different cultures and strives to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
We currently have about 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste. You can learn more about the Club under About Us. To find out about our activity groups, take a look at the Activities section.
Long-time residents and new Berliners alike are welcome to become members: How to Join will guide you through the process. Our monthly morning and evening Meet & Greet meetings are your first point of contact.
Activity Highlights in November
In November our members will be enjoying
- a tour of the German Federal Ministry of Cooperation and Development. Learn about Germany´s programs to help developing countries, and see inside one of the first high-rise office buildings in Berlin
- an elegant lunch at a restaurant near Gendarmenmarkt that emphasizes the use of fresh regional (Brandenburg) products
- a meeting to exchange our recommendations for our favourite books (or films or games) about science. Learn something new and get original ideas for holiday gifts!
- a discussion of All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr: a novel about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II
- A tour of the Mendelssohn Remise: the coachhouse of the Mendelssohn bankers, now a concert venue and the home of an exhibition that shows the history of the family and its influence on life in Berlin, and of the surrounding area
- A visit to the exhibition ”London 1938—With Kandinsky, Liebermann and Nolde against Hitler” at the Liebermann-Villa in Wannsee. See original works from the London exhibition that was staged as a direct response to the Nazi propaganda show “Entartete Kunst” (degenerate art), including paintings by Paula Modersohn-Becker, Paul Klee and Oskar Kokoschka.
Members should check the November Newsletter for details of these and the Club’s other regular activities: conversation groups in four languages, sports, Mah Jong … enjoy the activities your Club offers!