The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) unites women from different cultures and strives to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
We currently have about 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste. You can learn more about the Club under About Us. To find out about our activity groups, take a look at the Activities section.
Long-time residents and new Berliners alike are welcome to become members: How to Join will guide you through the process. Our monthly morning and evening Meet & Greet meetings are your first point of contact.
Activity Highlights in January
Start the new year off in good company with your Club activities!
- A guided tour of the exhibit at the Kunstgewerbemuseum, Bijoux-Bijoux! Costume Jewelry from Chanel to Dior–masterpieces of costume jewelry dating from 1930 to 2007.
- A discussion of Kamila Shamsie’s Home Fire, a loose contemporary reworking of Sophocles’ Antigone as the story of British-Pakistani immigrants in London.
- A guided tour in English of the exhibition “Leading Ladies” in The Kennedys Museum. The exhibition shows how four First Ladies, from Jackie Kennedy to Michelle Obama, interpreted their role.
- Lunch at a restaurant in central Berlin, with a history that goes back to the eighteenth century. Contemporary German cooking with a mix of classic dishes and new interpretations.
- A wonderful morning of baroque music. In the series “Old Music Live” the Concerto Melante will play the “Musikalisches Opfer” by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- Lunch in the heart of Charlottenburg, on a side street off the Kurfürstendamm, with an international menu and a wide variety of drinks.
- A discussion of The Chosen by Chaim Potok, a 1967 novel focusing on the friendship of two Jewish boys growing up in Brooklyn. Differing religious traditions, World War II- era politics and father-son relationships are central to the story.
- A New Year’s party with coffee and delicious home-made cake, good company and time to discuss the old year and plans for the new one.
Members should check the December-January Newsletter for details of these and the Club’s other regular activities: conversation groups in four languages, sports, Mah Jong … enjoy the activities your Club offers!