The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) unites women from different cultures and strives to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
We currently have 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste. You can learn more about the Club under About Us. To find out about our activity groups, take a look at the Activities section.
Long-time residents and new Berliners alike are welcome to become members: How to Join will guide you through the process. Our monthly morning and evening Meet & Greet meetings are your first point of contact.
Activity Highlights in April:
- A presentation: India and globalization – outsourcing – digitalizing. An account of the rise of seven young Indians to prominence as global entrepreneurs, with a discussion of the role of outsourcing and the digitalization of our working environment
- A walk in downtown Potsdam, visiting unique shops and picturesque old courtyards
- A tour of the Museum of Architectural Drawing, a private museum in a spectacular recent building on the premises of the former Pfefferberg Brewery
- A viewing of the film Suffragette, about the fight for women’s votes in early 20th-century Britain
- A tour of the Botanical Garden & Museum in springtime with an English-speaking biologist
- Lunch at Villa Tomasa in Kreuzberg, once the machine house for the waterfalls in Viktoria Park
- A tour of the Visitors’ Service of the Bundesnachrichtendienst (German Intelligence Service)
- Books under review this month: A contemporary classic, The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood; and a look at the development of controversial technology firms: Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future, by Ashlee Vance.
Members should check the April Newsletter for details of these and the Club’s other regular activities: conversation groups in four languages, sports, sewing, Mah Jong … something for everyone!
Members also please note: Changes are on the way for some of the sports groups: Pilates, Body Sculpting, and Fun-Fitness. For details, also check the April Newsletter.