Guided tour of the
- Memorial site (Gedenkstätte) of the Berlin Wall (Berliner Mauer) in Bernauer Straße. Our experienced tour guide, a former exchange teacher from the US, was in Berlin when the Wall was built
- The evening group will enjoy cheeses (& a glass of wine) from around the world @ La Käserie in Prenzlauer Berg
- Kool Kiez, organised by Eve & Sue, will be celebrating their 2nd anniversary in style, returning to their 1st venue Casa Conzuela in Steglitz. Join them for an afternoon of good food & fun!
Visits & Talks
- The Science Group will be finding out about textile toponyms. Our member & International Coordinator Christine will bring samples of textiles that bear the name of a place where they were woven, distributed or documented
- Susanne Gäbel, the owner of Hut-Salon, will explain the process of hat-making
- The owner of a Polish Pottery Shop will talk about her experiences of setting up & running a business in a foreign country (she is Italian)
- Sew Creative will again be making comfy baby pants for 6 – 18 month-old babies
- The Biography Book Group will be concentrating on Charlotte Bronte and the Afternoon Book Group will discuss “My Name is Lucy Barton” by Elizabeth Strout
Members should check the digital October Newsletter for detailed information regarding these events and all the other regular activities.