There was no shortage of Christmas celebrations in December!
- The popular annual festive event was again held at the Best Western Plus Hotel in Steglitz where members, partners and friends enjoyed a buffet dinner followed by dancing to the Lovers’ Lane Band.
- The Spanish Speakers celebrated Mexican Christmas in the tradition of Posadas.
- The South-West Neighbourhood Group celebrated their annual pot-luck get-together @ Pam’s home.
- The English Speakers enjoyed a Christmas party at Judit’s home and they sang English Christmas carols.
- The German Speakers celebrated at Marlies’ home and they sang traditional German Christmas songs.
You could say our language groups sang in different languages to their heart’s content!
There were visits to the Christmas market and opera in Leipzig, and the Lucia Christmas market @ Kulturbrauerei.
All the items made by the Sew Creative group over the past months were up for sale @ Christkindlmarkt in aid of the children’s hospice the Björn Schulz Stiftung.
The French Speakers enjoyed a guided tour of the Knoblauch Museum in the Nikolaiviertel and the North-East Neighbourhood Group toured the SOS Kinderdorf in Moabit.
El Siglo de Oro – an exhibition @ the Gemäldegalerie