The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) unites women from different cultures and strives to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
We currently have 225 members representing 46 different nationalities! We have about 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste. You can learn more about the Club under About Us. To find out about our activity groups, take a look at the Activities section.
Long-time residents and new Berliners alike are welcome to become members: How to Join will guide you through the process. Our monthly morning and evening Meet & Greet meetings are your first point of contact.
From the very beginning, through the tireless volunteerism of its members, the Club has supported several charitable causes by raising sums of money or donating in kind. The children of the Hestia Frauenhaus have sent us some drawings, thanking members of the BIWC for their continued support.
Club Activities in October
- Member Daniela David has volunteered to give a lecture in the großer Hörsaal in the Botanical Museum @ the Botanical Gardens. Experience a fascinating journey through the great gardens, stately houses and parks of Ireland
- Elegant Soirées coordinator Penny Fischer has organised a fashion show with high tea @ the International Club Berlin (the former British Officers Club). The models will all be members of the BIWC
- Join Kool Kiez for lunch – an Asian experience in Charlottenburg
- New member Lorena will introduce members to the world of aromatherapy @ Diana’s home
- Exploring Berlin will be going on a tour in English of the Schloßpark Theater in Steglitz
- The Science Group will be shown around Berlin’s new museum of the future – Futurium. The tour will be conducted in English
- The North East Neighbourhood Group will pay a visit to Old Marzahn and the South West Neighbourhood Group will walk around Klein Glienicke
Our walking groups will be walking around the Schlachtensee and the Tiergarten park. (Thank you, Veronica, for the autumnal images!)
Members have the opportunity to converse in four different languages, play Mah Jong, attend a Pilates class or play tennis. The book groups will be reading Dawn Watch by Maya Jasanoff and Machines Like Me by Ian McEwan. More details can be found in the Club’s latest Newsletter (issued digitally to members).
As a potential member, you’re welcome to attend two of our activities before becoming a member. Please come along to one of our Meet & Greet meetings for more information.