The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) unites women from different cultures and strives to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
We currently have about 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste. You can learn more about the Club under About Us. To find out about our activity groups, take a look at the Activities section.
Long-time residents and new Berliners alike are welcome to become members: How to Join will guide you through the process. Our monthly morning and evening Meet & Greet meetings are your first point of contact.
Activity Highlights in April
- Spring charity bazaar: unique items for sale from all over the world, special raffle prizes, interesting talks, in support of Papatya, a crisis centre for girls and young women with migration backgrounds.
- Tour of the Haus des Rundfunks (Broadcasting House), an architectural landmark and the home of Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg.
- Book discussions: Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng and various biographies of Thomas Jefferson.
- A visit to the Berlin Verkehrsgesellschaft (BVG) U-Bahn Section, including a talk from the woman who manages the U-Bahn, and a look into the control centre and workshop.
- An introduction to a current exhibition at a Schöneberg gallery–paintings on silk canvas by a Bulgarian artist, Stefan Todorov—along with a short workshop on “Looking Into Art”.
- A visit to the exhibition at the Bröhan Museum illustrating European art movements that led up to the design work of the Bauhaus—from Britain (Arts and Crafts, Glasgow style) to Vienna (Secession) to Germany (Werkbund) and the Netherlands (De Stijl).
Members should check the April Newsletter for details of these and our other regular activities: conversation groups in four languages, sports, Mah Jong … enjoy the activities your Club offers!