The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) unites women from different cultures and strives to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
We currently have 223 members representing 46 different nationalities! We have about 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste. You can learn more about the Club under About Us. To find out about our activity groups, take a look at the Activities section.
Long-time residents and new Berliners alike are welcome to become members: How to Join will guide you through the process. Our monthly morning and evening Meet & Greet meetings are your first point of contact.
- BIWC’s Social Events team have organised a BBQ @ Zenner in Alt-Treptow
- Join the Science Group for a visit to the exhibition Architectura navalis – Floating Baroque @ the Deutsches Technikmuseum
- The Cook In & Dine Out group will be cooking @ Ronald MacDonald House Berlin. Some of our members have volunteered to cook for families of seriously ill children
- Member Penny opens up her home once again for her annual English Tea Party. Proceeds will be donated to the Hestia women’s shelter
- Exploring Berlin enjoyed a guided tour of Köpenick followed by refreshments @ a member’s home
- Both of our Neighbourhood Groups joined forces for a day trip to Branitz by train. They visited the exhibition in the Branitz Castle Prince Pückler, a European in Branitz. Our member Joan reports:
What makes for a perfect summer afternoon? A trip to the country with friends, a stroll in one of the loveliest gardens in the country, coffee on the lawn under the trees (all right, there was ice cream, too) …. We took a look at the (grand!) interior of the Schloss, and talked and laughter in the wonderful garden café.
- The Compass group will enjoy a picnic in the Volkspark Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf
- Kool Kiez go for an early evening dinner at a restaurant on the Gendarmenmarkt
- The Spanish Speakers will be celebrating Fiesta @ a member’s home
Our two walking groups will be walking around the Schlachtensee and the Tiergarten park.
Members can go along to an English reading group, (The Fortune Hunter: A German Prince in Regency England by James Peter Bowman, Fifteen Dogs by André Alexis, The Tortilla Curtain by T.C. Boyle) converse in three different languages, play Mah Jong, attend a Pilates class or play tennis. More details can be found in the July/August Newsletter.
As a potential member, you’re welcome to attend two of our activities before becoming a member. Please come along to one of our Meet & Greet meetings for more information.