The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) unites women from different cultures and strives to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
We currently have 223 members representing 46 different nationalities! We have about 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste. You can learn more about the Club under About Us. To find out about our activity groups, take a look at the Activities section.
Long-time residents and new Berliners alike are welcome to become members: How to Join will guide you through the process. Our monthly morning and evening Meet & Greet meetings are your first point of contact.
Club Activities in July
- BIWC’s Social Events team have organised a day trip to the Landesgartenschau (horticultural show) in Wittstock/Dosse
- Join the Science Group for a visit to the exhibition about the famous surgeon Sauerbach @ the Museum of Medical History Auf Messers Schneide – On a Knife-Edge
- Art & Architecture visit the Hausvogteiplatz for a guided tour of the architectural highlights in German, followed by coffee @ the Konzerthaus café
- Exploring Berlin go on a guided tour to the Jewish Cemetery on Schönhauser Allee, followed by refreshments @ a nearby restaurant
- North-East Neighbourhood Group visit Schloß Schönhausen in Pankow. Afterwards they will enjoy refreshments @ Café Sommerlust
- South-West Neighbourhood Group travel to Schloß Ribbeck by train. The visit includes pear tart tasting in the Waschhaus
- Cook In & Dine Out meet up @ a member’s home for a garden cocktail party in white
- Kool Kiez go for an early evening Turkish dinner @ Tugra
- Business Lunch meets up @ Blend, the restaurant in the Hotel Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof
Two groups will be walking around the Schlachtensee and the Tiergarten park (photo courtesy of member Joan) and a third group will go on a special walk to explore Kaskelkiez/Viktoriastadt
Members can go along to an English reading group (Midnight in Berlin by James MacManus), converse in three languages, play Mah Jong, attend a Pilates class or play tennis. More details can be found in the July/August Newsletter.
As a potential member, you’re welcome to attend two of our activities before becoming a member. Please come along to one of our Meet & Greet meetings for more information.