The Berlin International Women’s Club (BIWC) unites women from different cultures and strives to foster mutual understanding and tolerance through cultural and social exchange, friendship and support.
We currently have 223 members representing 46 different nationalities! We have about 30 activity groups organised by volunteers, catering for every interest and taste. You can learn more about the Club under About Us. To find out about our activity groups, take a look at the Activities section.
Long-time residents and new Berliners alike are welcome to become members: How to Join will guide you through the process. Our monthly morning and evening Meet & Greet meetings are your first point of contact.
Club Highlights in June / July
- BIWC’s Social Events team are organising a day trip to the annual Landesgartenschau (horticultural show) in Wittstock.
- We encourage members to visit TAB (Textile Art Berlin) June 15-16 where members Christine and Meg will be exhibiting and offering workshops on both days (4th Floor, Stand 422.2, Room 422)
- Join the Science Group and guess the occupation of an invited guest who will only answer your questions with a yes or a no!
- Art & Architecture visit the Hausvogteiplatz
- Exploring Berlin visit the Britz castle
- North-East Neighbourhood Group visit the Bilderkeller @ Akademie der Künste
- South-West Neighbourhood Group visit the Picasso exhibit @ Barberini Museum in Potsdam
- The Compass Group will be wine tasting and celebrating La Fête de la Musique @ Rüdesheimer Platz
- Kool Kiez visit the Asian restaurant Good Time in Berlin-Zehlendorf
- The Evening Group visit LuLa Deli Deluxe for Dinner & Books. Members will talk about a book they have read recently & one they’re looking forward to reading
Our three groups will be walking around the Schlachtensee and the Tiergarten park (photo courtesy of member Joan)
Members can go along to an English reading group, converse in four languages, attend a Pilates class or play tennis. For more details members should check the June Newsletter.
As a potential member, you’re welcome to attend two of our activities before becoming a member. Please come along to one of our Meet & Greet meetings for more information.