In May, two of our activity groups will meet up in person. The Tiergarten Walking Group has resumed its walks around the Tiergarten park. The South-West Neighbourhood Group will go for a historical discovery walk around Schmargendorf.
All our other activities will take place via zoom conference:
- LovinGerman meet every alternate Tuesday. In their first get-together, they will discuss vocabulary related to death, mourning and condolences. In their second meeting, they will talk about the use of a basic word that can be found in many compound words.
- Member Frances Durocher will give a presentation on the Ishtar Gate (Pergamon Museum) during the monthly Compass meeting.
- Member Anne Marie Rumbol, a qualified yoga teacher, will demonstrate simple breathing exercises for everyday life during the Evening Group’s zoom conference.
- The Science Group will discuss the topic of why we sleep.
- The Afternoon Book Group reviews the Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- German Speakers will discuss a newspaper article. English Speakers will read about the life a famous 007, Sean Connery.